Sunday, November 29, 2009
Happy Birthday, Mo
Labels: Happy Birthday Mo
Rivera 'greatest relief pitcher in history of major league baseball' Green, Detroit News
- And down there, off the starboard side, behind the tall buildings of Panama City, Mariano Rivera was born -- 40 years ago this Sunday. Another magical athlete, with his five World Series championship rings,
- the greatest relief pitcher in the history of major league baseball.
It was over there that he learned his craft, the cut fastball that continues to mesmerize batters for the Yankees."...
- 'Trip to Panama brings thoughts of Rod Carew, Mariano Rivera," by Jerry Green, Detroit News, 11/28/09
Friday, November 20, 2009
Harvard-Yale duel evokes comparison to Mo
- as Boston Red Sox fans feel about the
- We hate the team, but we respect the man."...
- ap photo, Rivera hits foul ball v Mets 6/28/09, same night as his first career RBI, and 500th regular season save.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
New Nike ad featuring Mo
Labels: New Nike ad with Mariano Rivera
Sunday, November 08, 2009
'Rivera greatest relief pitcher in history'-Harrington
- "Rivera is the greatest relief pitcher in history. Period."...
- Rivera is Yankees' "greatest weapon" Bryan Hoch, MLB.com,
- "Rivera pitched more than an inning four times against the Twins and Angels in the playoffs, and
Thursday, November 05, 2009
'I didn't have half the stuff he has' - Eckersley
- (NY Times): "“You leave these playoffs with a lot of things,”
- But the one thing that comes out of it for me is Rivera.
- Rivera is the difference.”...
- I didn’t have half the stuff that he has, I don’t see why he couldn’t do it at that age,” Eckersley said.
- “I never had that dominant pitch that he has. I mean, who does?” "...
At the Stadium November 4, World Series game 6
- Mo enters in the 8th, getty photo
- Mariano greets fans after World Series game 6, ap photo
Monday, November 02, 2009
In Philadelphia November 1st, World Series game 4
- Amore, Hartford Courant: "Fox cameras caught Mariano Rivera using a heating pad on his side during Game 4 of the World Series, and although he denied it at the time, it turns out he did have a muscle strain, dating back to the ALCS, and pitched through it."...11/6/09, "How bad was Rivera Hurt?" Hartford Courant
Sunday, November 01, 2009
Buck Martinez says about Mo
- World Series game 4 pregame on XM 175, Buck Martinez said of Mo:
- "He might be the most impactful player we've ever seen."
posted on that date on another blog I have).
In Philadelphia October 31, World Series game 3
- Only 5 pitches this night, World Series game 3. getty, getty,
- ap, ap