Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Mo in the 8th v Blue Jays at The Boss
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Mo in the 2nd at The Boss
both photos reuters.
Friday, March 19, 2010
Mo in the 7th at The Boss
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Mo creates near stampede on Jet Blue flight to Boston by offering prime seats to Yankees-Red Sox game
- Steven Crist of the Daily Racing Form was returning north after his visit to Tampa Bay Downs, was seated on a Jet Blue flight from Tampa to Boston,
- Sunday, March 14. This is what he wrote Monday, March 15:
- would anyone give up his seat for Mariano Rivera, the Yankees' ace reliever, who was offering
- four prime seats to any Yankees-Red Sox game this year in exchange?
- One commenter wrote the following:
- From The Daily Racing Form, 3/15/10, by Steven Crist, publisher, post, "The Pollyanna View"
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Mo, ALCS game 1 v Angels
Mariano ALCS game 1, 10/16/09, Yankees v Angels. This site said share and enjoy, so
that's what I'm doing.
Monday, March 08, 2010
First batting practice for Rivera in 2010
Friday, March 05, 2010
Mo on WFAN with Mike Francesa
Mike Francesa interviews Mo on WFAN from Tampa
Mo does not answer right away but says if you were asking him as the
owner of the team, he'd say Joba to the 8th inning. On Phil Hughes,
he said he could do either.
Wednesday, March 03, 2010
Preseason opener in Tampa
Tuesday, March 02, 2010
Rivera most important piece to our championship-Teixeira
- Tampa: "A few yards away from Mariano Rivera’s locker, Mark Teixeira talked about his
- "He’s the guy that is as important," Teixeira said, "or
- the most important piece to our championship."
- "It was more difficult last year at this time. Rivera was coming off surgery to remove a calcification from atop his right shoulder, and he still was building arm strength into the regular season.
"I think it took a good six weeks to two months," manager Joe Girardi said of the point where Rivera was at 100 percent. And Rivera admitted to doing "all my rehabbing in the season"....So after he recorded the final out of the ’09 season, Rivera basically put his arm on a shelf ...
- "Throwing in the postseason all those years puts a lot of stress on the shoulder and your body," Rivera said. "So I want to recuperate the longer I can."...
"I know he’s a lot further along than he was at this time last year," Girardi said. "At times he couldn’t extend (his arm) early on in camp. He had none of those issues (Monday)."...
- "It was always (an) uncomfortable (at-bat), because if he makes his pitch, I’m either going to break my bat or hit it foul," said Teixeira, who was 1-for-9 with a single off Rivera."...
- Using the handy 'total save stat' alone to measure late inning relievers in certain cases erases much of their important work, whether regular or post season. Pitching 5 outs on November 4th is easily obliterated from history with use of the 'total save stat.' Officially, this game had no 'save', no 'chance' and no 'conversion' opportunity. It practically does not exist. ed.
Yankee arcade day, 3/2/10, photo by Yankees
left back cover Newsday, right back cover NY Post, 3/3/10
Jacque Jones looks for new start with his old team
Monday, March 01, 2010
Mo's first bullpen of 2010
- "His first day throwing here was Feb. 18, the first workout for pitchers and catchers.
NY Times words from, "Yankees' Rivera Works at own pace getting into game shape", 3/1/10
The AP picture below was labeled "bullpen session in 2010 Spring Training." Not sure of the exact day but it looked like this day: