Monday, November 29, 2010
Happy Birthday, Mo
Mariano Rivera enters 2008 All Star game, 9th inning, score tied 3-3, one out, one on. Waiting on the mound to greet him are Terry Francona, Ian Kinsler, Justin Morneau, Michael Young, Carlos Guillen, and Dioner Navarro. Rivera's entrance at the Stadium was completely cut out by Fox TV. As soon as the camera went to the bullpen door, they went to commercial. (Thanks to You Tube contributor for this video). The game went 15 innings.
Rivera born November 29, 1969 in Panama.
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Rivera speaks to young people in Dominican Republic
11/17/10, San Francisco de Macoris, DR .- "The All-Star major league pitcher Mariano Rivera, gave a baseball clinic in San Francisco de Macoris, which involved hundreds of children and young people from different leagues, as part of a program of work being done in the country.
- Mariano has visited several cities in the Dominican Republic, trying to teach some of their knowledge of baseball, but also has been talking about the word of God in each scenario.
- The future Hall of Fame Major League Baseball, spoke for fever Deportiva, a sports reporter with the Junior Matrillé and said he attributed his career to God, because he can not explain as it has been so successful.
- Activity were present in several minor league baseball San Francisco de Macoris, a commission of the Baseball Academy that runs the popular Chicho Jesus Campos, who also was making things easier to make it a success."
from LaNacionDominicana.com, "Star Mariano Rivera teaches baseball clinics for children and young people with FMS," google translation from Spanish
Thursday, November 25, 2010
The irreplaceable Mo
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Another Rivera reference on Monday Night football
from November 1, mlb forum:
"for anyone thats watching they just talked about the colts closing the game out with their pass rush of Dwight freeney (yankee fan btw). "in this stadium their pass rush is like Mariano Rivera" not the first time or last time you hear a rivera reference"
Monday, November 15, 2010
Mariano Rivera and Andy Pettitte begin clinics for young people in Dominican on 11/15
11/14/10, Hoy: "The star pitchers who have fought with the New York Yankees, Mariano Rivera and Andy Pettitte will arrive the country tomorrow invited by the prestigious institution "Score International" to begin on Tuesday a series of clinics in Santo Domingo and the interior.
- The information released yesterday by the Director of Sports Score International in the Dominican Republic, the former national basketball team, Geovanny Valdez, in a press release.
He commented that the country is also the pitcher Andy Bennet, played with the San Diego Padres, and start from today several sports clinics in different parts of the capital and interior of the country take the word of God through baseball .
"We already have several years bringing greats of Major League Baseball to bring the word of God and raise awareness in children and young people to look for the Creator and follow their steps and there is no better way than sports," Valdez said.
- He said that today will announce where baseball clinics with these great figures."
Article from Hoy, "Andy Pettitte and M. Rivera arrive tomorrow RD," by Jose Caceres, google translation from Spanish. (Score International is a Christian evangelical group. ed.)
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Rivera, Bailey, Bonilla, Slowey, Breslow in Greenwich 11/12
same without Kopel. Below, 2009 World Series trophy, 11/12/10, Manfredi Jewelers in Greenwich, Ct. getty photos
Friday, November 12, 2010
Mariano Rivera 'the pitching version of Babe Ruth'- Lupica
11/11/10, "They have famous long-standing relationships with Jeter and Rivera. Jeter is the iconic Yankee of his time and
- Rivera remains one of the greatest Yankees of all time,
- the pitching version of Babe Ruth
- even as he moves up on his 41st birthday."...