Friday, December 17, 2010
Mariano collects food for homeless with Yankees in the Bronx
12/16/10, Mariano Rivera with Yankees in the Bronx collecting food for the homeless.
- "“Andy has always been important, always, whether we have Lee or don’t have Lee,” Rivera said.
- “Andy, to me, I would have signed him first.”"
"Mariano Rivera happy to be back in New York," The Record, Pete Caldera, photo Star-Ledger
Sunday, December 12, 2010
NBA star summons his 'inner Mariano Rivera'
12/12/10, "Kobe Bryant summoned
- his inner Mariano Rivera Sunday afternoon at Prudential Center.
While Bryant is a notorious NBA closer, he finished off the New Jersey Nets wish his passing as opposed to his shooting.
- Two late assists pushed the Lakers over the top for a 99-92 win....
"At the end of the day, it's Kobe Bryant," Avery Johnson said."...
"Kobe Bryant closes out Nets," Examiner.com, 12/12/10, by Gregory Hrinya
Sunday, December 05, 2010
Rivera is grateful another team was thinking of him, but will stay in the Bronx
12/5/10, MLB.com: ""I wanted two years," Rivera said. "That will be fine. I think maybe that might be the last two years."
While there was nothing particularly revealing in that comment -- Rivera has been conceding the possible end of his durable career seemingly with every new contract he has signed this decade --
- Boston's overture to pry him out of the Bronx certainly was new.
The Red Sox contacted Rivera's agent, Fernando Cuza, before negotiations with the Yankees really got going, making a two-year offer before he formally heard the same from Cashman.
"They talked to Fern, they were interested," Rivera said. "I really appreciate that. I know there was interest and I respect that.
- I respect the organization and the front office of the Red Sox. It was respect. The rivalry we have against each other and the tremendous organization. Just take it in consideration, and the Yankees did what they were supposed to do, and that's the end of that."...
Dismissing how Boston's overture may have dialed up the rivalry between the American League East powers, Rivera said, "I have to thank God and be grateful for that, that they were thinking of me.""...
MLB.com, "Rivera respects Boston offer, but stays in the Bronx," by Tom Singer
Saturday, December 04, 2010
One down, Jeter to go
12/3/10, "As the day progressed, he moved closer to completing a $30 million deal with Mariano Rivera that will keep
- the best reliever in baseball history
- in a Yankee uniform for two more seasons."...
Thursday, December 02, 2010
For those in the Church of Mo
- This photo ran in River Ave. Blues in observance of Mo's birthday, November 29. Not sure who the artist is.