Saturday, February 26, 2011
Rivera throws second bullpen of 2011
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Rivera throws first bullpen
- Rivera throws first bullpen, Wed., 2/23/11, getty, Schechter, via CBS Local
Monday, February 21, 2011
Rivera changing shoes
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Rivera running, day 3
Friday, February 18, 2011
Mariano Rivera arrives at Yankee spring training, year 17, day 1
You definitely don't want to follow Mariano Rivera.
- You want to be the guy after that guy. "...
ap, ap, reuters with Rafael Soriano, Causi, NY Post, 2/17/11
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Posada at pitchers and catchers, Feb. 14
So far no Mo sighting. Since Posada figures in many of the Rivera photos
on this blog, he earns a spot today. Star-Ledger, US presswire. Tampa
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Green Bay Packers defense is the 'new Mariano Rivera of the sports world'
"It is time," linebacker coach Kevin Greene told Clay Matthews."It is time." That's all Clay needed to hear.
In the 2010 playoffs, the Packers let teams crawl back into games that could have been blowouts. They were up 14-0 on the Eagles, Bears and Steelers before giving each of those teams a chance to win in the fourth quarter. However,
- they got the job done in the moments that mattered most.
They did it in Chicago with the season on the line - the equivalent of
- trotting out of the bullpen at Fenway wearing pinstripes in Game Seven of the ALCS.
They did it against Big Ben in the Super Bowl with under two minutes to play - the equivalent of striking out
- the most clutch hitter in baseball (who hit a walk-off home run the last time you faced him)
with two outs and the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth. Like all great closers, the Packers' D had a short memory.
Time and again, they stepped into some of the highest pressure situations sports have to offer. Any minor slip up - a mis-read, a missed tackle or a moment's hesitation - would have been the hanging curveball
- that was blasted into the upper deck, and
- the dream would have been shattered.
- rested squarely on the defenses' shoulders in the final moments.
- a thing that fans prayed for and relished, a sign that
- the Packers were about to win."