Saturday, July 31, 2010
In Cleveland, July 29th
At warmups before game, July 29th, getty
- 8/2/10 from MetsBlog.com:
"Megdal is right, K-Rod has been good. He hasn’t been great. Rivera has been great, and we, as Mets fans, are reminded of it every day.
no offense ted, but dave duncan is mostly responsible for the one inning closer. and
many of rivera’s biggest saves were > 1 inning stints."
Monday, July 26, 2010
In Cleveland, July 26th
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
At the Stadium, July 21st
- v Angels day game, 10-6, getty photos
- 7/21/10, CourierPostOnline.com by Martin Frank from St. Louis
Sunday, July 18, 2010
At the Stadium, July 18th
Saturday, July 17, 2010
At the Stadium honoring Mr. Steinbrenner and Bob Sheppard
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Pepsi says Mo is 'Clutch' for first time, wins award for month of June
- 7/7/10, "Mo wins Pepsi Clutch honor for June," MLB.com, Britton
- Rivera also recorded a career-best streak of 24 consecutive hitters retired from June 3-23.
Rivera's outstanding performance in June earned him 37 percent of the 32,000-plus votes cast online at MLB.com. That was good enough to beat out fellow nominees Brennan Boesch (24 percent), Josh Hamilton (18 percent), Troy Glaus (14 percent), Adrian Gonzalez (five percent) and Josh Johnson (two percent)....
- That game in Los Angeles was the second time in the span of a week that Rivera went two innings to help preserve a Yankees' come-from-behind victory. He did it four days earlier in Arizona, as well....
This is the fourth year for the Clutch Performer award and the first time Rivera has won the monthly honor. He was a finalist for the Clutch Performer of the Year Award last season, but was edged by Dodgers outfielder Andre Ethier.
- Rivera is the eighth Yankee to win the Major League Baseball Clutch Performer of the Month Award since its inception in 2007. Two of his current teammates, Rodriguez and Pettitte, were honored in 2007. Former Yankees Chien-Ming Wang, Jason Giambi, Mike Mussina, Melky Cabrera and Hideki Matsui each won the award at some point from 2008-09....
Rivera has a long-established reputation as a clutch performer not only for what he does at the end of games but also at the end of seasons. Rivera owns postseason records with 39 saves and a mind-boggling 0.74 ERA in 88 career playoff appearances.
Among pitchers who have tossed more than 100 postseason innings,
- only Christy Mathewson approaches Rivera's microscopic postseason ERA. Rivera's 0.772 WHIP in the playoffs is second only to Monte Pearson, who tossed nearly 100 fewer innings in the postseason....
At the conclusion of the 2010 regular season, fans will have the opportunity to vote on the Major League Baseball Clutch Performer of the Year presented by Pepsi from
- among six finalists selected by a special MLB.com editorial panel."
Friday, July 09, 2010
In Seattle, July 8th, #68 Pettitte-Rivera win-save combo, regular season
- Final score 3-1, #68 win-save combo for Pettitte and Rivera, #78 including their 10 post season win-saves. ap photo
Tuesday, July 06, 2010
In Oakland, July 5th
Thursday, July 01, 2010
At the Stadium v Mariners
greatest relief pitcher in baseball history"...