Sunday, October 17, 2010

 

"For him to get anybody's attention outside of New York now, he'd probably have to save 65 games." Sheldon Ocker, 11/9/05, NY Times

.
10/17/10, "The wild card is Rivera, who probably shouldn't be anywhere near as good as he has been at age 40, converting 33 of 38 chances for New York while owning a 1.80 ERA in 61 appearances."...

(continuing): "It's incredible," general manager Brian Cashman said. "I know for years people have been waiting for it to stop, and thank God it hasn't.

"I can't even understand why you would ask. Mariano is amazing," Posada said. "Mariano is, for me,

Sheldon Ocker is one of 6 MLB/BBWAA selected voters who NY Times 11/9/05 article, "Award Eludes Rivera, Colon wins the Cy Young"
For a long period of time Ocker's statement was excised from the article. Now it's back. I've documented this elsewhere which I'll link to here shortly. ed.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?